Safe drinking water anywhere in the world in just 15 minutes! Perfect for hiking, camping, boating and disaster preparedness. Water treatment that is completely safe to drink on a regular, daily basis when used as directed. When Pristine parts A and B are combined, chlorine dioxide is activated and releases oxygen in a highly active form to effectively kill bacteria and enhance the taste of water. Chlorine dioxide has been used in city water treatment plants safely for over 50 years. One 30-ml Pristine personal pack will treat up to 120 L of water. A 60-ml pack treats up to 240 L. Pristine kills viruses, bacteria, cryptosporidium, giardia, botulism and E. coli.