Summits and Icefields Map: Wapta Icefields and Bow Summit
Summits and Icefields Map: Wapta Icefields and Bow Summit. This marked route map and mini-guide is meant for skiers and climbers traveling on the Wapta Icefields and in the Bow Summit area of the Canadian Rockies, in both winter and summer. It was prepared by guidebook writers Mark Klassen and Chic Scott (Summits & Icefields Volumes 1 & 2), and cartographer TJ Neault, all of whom are ACMG guides.
The map is very similar to the classic map Murray Toft published in the past, but which is now out of print. It is also similar to John Baldwin's maps of the Whistler area. There is a topographical map on one side and photos and route descriptions on the other.
Some features of the new map include:
- Waterproof and tear resistant Yupo paper
- 1:50,000 scale, with 20 m contours
- Up to date glaciation dataset
- The map extends from Mt Patterson in the north to Cathedral Mtn in the south, and from Collie Creek and Amiskwi River in the west to Mt Hector in the east
- Marked route lines of all corresponding trips mentioned in the Summits and Icefields Volume 1 ski touring guidebook
On the reverse side is a mini-guide:
- A 1:20,000 scale map of the Balfour High Col area
- 13 colour photographs with marked route lines
- Mini route descriptions and route plans